People always ask me what I use on my skin. And often surprise to learn that it's not some over priced celebrity endorsed product. I like gentle, cost effective products that focus on natural ingredients with little to no fragrance. Finding what's best for your particular skin type can sometimes be trail and error but once you find that perfect product life without it can seem unthought of.
1. Cerave Hydrating Face Wash: This face wash was introduced to me by my dermatologist and is amazing! It's gentle, removes dirt, germs and oil while maintaining my skins moisture. It's also noncomedogenic which means it won't cause pimples or acne by clogging pores. Fragrance free, hypoallergenic and affordable.
2. Origins Modern Friction Gentle Dermabrasion: This exfoliate is made from refined rice so there's no rough course sand like feeling like with other exfoliators. I use this once a month to help with my pore size and appearance. It's gentle and smells like bergamot and peppermints... it's a great pick me up.
3. Witch Hazel Toner: the best $4 toner you can buy. I use this both in the morning and night; on my face, neck and ears. It's super gentle, refreshing and non drying. It cleanses and conditions my skin and best of all its fragrance free.
4. Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer: I struggled for a long time to find a day time moisturizer with an SPF that wasn't oily, thick or had a strong scent. Per a friends recommendation I tried this one and loved it. I use it everyday, its thin in texture but full of moisture. Absorbs quickly so it's easy to apply makeup over it. It's noncomedogenic and has a light scent that isn't overbearing or overwhelming.
5. Cerave PM Moisturizing Lotion: A quickly adsorbing, non greasy light night moisturizer that helps repair damage skin. Again, fragrance free, hypoallergenic and affordable. I use it every night and I love it.
6. Fresh Exfoliating Lip Polish: I like this lip polish because it gently buffs aways all the dry skin and conditions my lips with shea butter and jojoba oil. I use this maybe once a week; a little more often during the winter months.
7. Aquaphor Healing Ointment: I use this ointment on my lips to soothes and heals my dry skin. Best for dry and cold weather. I never leave home without this.
While exfoliating and protecting your skin is vital to your complexion. It can only do so much..
I have a few other "secrets" to maintaining a young fresh look.
Exercise: I run/ Bikram yoga/ and SLT (strengthen, lengthen, tone) 4-5 times a week. This help me de-stress and get focused but most of I sweat! I also meditate which is a great way to de-stress, and reorganize.
Diet: I drink fresh green juices, eat as much raw local fruits and vegetables as possible and very little meat and alcohol. I get extra protein from organic beans, grains and nuts (almonds, almond butter, flax seeds, quinoa, lentils etc.) I don't eat much salt and sugar (these can make your body retain water adding puffiness and extra weight) and I drink lots of water.
Sauna: I love Russian banyas! The sauna is a great place to clear your mind and sweat out all the toxins. They're affordable, a great stress relief and great for your mind and body.
Vitamins: I take vitamins C, D and E daily in addition to a women's multi vitamin. Cod liver has been a staple since childhood and is something I continue using. And omega 3's are like little pills of magic.
Sleep well. Be grateful. Be kind to yourself and others. How you are inside will always reflect out!